Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a leading cloud computing provider. AWS provides IT-resources and applications on premise via the internet. AWS provides servers, storage, data bases and much more. Resources can be rented on competitive prices, on demand, with high availability, and they are almost infinitely scalable.
The classic data center experiences therefore serious competition. Companies, small and big, can benefit from these advantages. Netflix, Soundcloud, Slack, Novartis and Pfitzer are some of the companies using AWS.
- Economical, since AWS bills in minutes
- Scalable, since almost infinite resources available
- Flexible, since resources (server, databases) can be started and stopped any time
- Secure, since AWS provides a sophisticated security concept including two-factor authentication
- Global, since AWS operates data centers around the world